The purpose of any mattress, whether it is a conventional mattress or a water bed mattress, is to provide support to your body weight evenly. A conventional mattress consists of a padding, inner spring coil units, and a box spring whereas the water bed mattress is filled with water, and no box spring. If you are looking for waterbed bedding, I suggest you take a look at the Precious Bedding & Textile Company. They offer a whole host of bedding that will truly make your bedroom the best on the block. I am in no way affiliated with them, but I did order from them about a year ago and I can attest that the quality of their bedding is undeniable.
It’s only fairer that you understand the mechanism of water bed. Your weight gets evenly distributed on a water bed as it is filled with water. And the body doesn’t feel any pressure points while you are relaxing on a water bed. You will wake up fresh as the water bed mattress conforms to your body, and make you comfortable.
When you are deciding about the right type of water bed mattress for your home, you need to know that although these are heavier than the conventional mattresses, but the weight is evenly distributed.
Also you would like to lie down on the water bed and see how comfortable it is while sleeping. Water beds are a favourite among people suffering from various allergies. Unlike conventional mattresses, water beds do not absorb dust.
You may have to choose between hard-sided or soft-sided water beds.
Hard-sided water beds
- Most hard-sided water beds do not come with chambers, and the water inside them are free flowing. It gives a feeling of floating on a water raft once you settle down on a hard-sided water bed. Hard-sided water beds have water filled mattress sitting inside a wooden frame. It rests on a plywood deck that is supported by a platform.
Soft-sided water beds
- Soft-sided water beds have built-in chambers and are wave less. These are constructed of sturdy foam and have fibre batting and interconnected water chambers. The mattresses of soft-sided water beds sit inside a frame.
Water bed care
- Treat the water inside water bed mattress on a regular basis. You can use a cleansing agent to purify the water and to prevent the odour.
- If you are looking forward to revamp your room, it’s important to drain out water from the water bed completely. You can later reassemble and refill the mattress at your own convenience.
- The water bed contains water inside, which may possibly leak. Have a repair kit at your disposal, so that you can detect the leak and fix it as soon as possible. Otherwise the carpet or the floor underneath the water bed will be ruined by water seepage.
The water bed is cold and uncomfortable to sleep on. It’s the water inside the mattress that is heated. The temperature is controlled with a thermostat, and you can adjust the temperature level to suit your requirements.
Before you set out to buy a water bed for your home, do talk to your friends who have previously owned one. They will be able to present a real picture before you. Also you will get an idea whether to buy a free flowing or full motion water bed as not many people are not habitual, and end up feeling uncomfortable on such unconventional bed.